TU-Internal Research Funding: Call for Proposals "Initial acquisition" and "Postdoc Funding" | Deadline: 18.10.2021
TU Berlin supports and promotes the research activities of its researchers on the basis of a flexible set of “internal research support instruments”. Using the instruments
- Initial acquisition of third-party funding of newly appointed professors and equivalent,
- Initial acquisition of third-party funding for junior researchers and
- Postdoc Funding – temporary position as principal investigator
the following target groups are supported with funds from the TU Berlin budget:
- newly appointed professors (for the first 5 years after their initial appointment to a university) and equivalent,
- junior researchers (master’s or comparable degree), who have not yet obtained a doctorate,
- outstanding junior PhD researchers for a maximum of 3 years after their PhD.
The funding is intended for the preparation of an application for third-party funding.
The current deadline for applications for funding through the instruments mentioned above is: Monday, 18 October 2021.
This is a competitive procedure.
Please note that due to the current situation at TU Berlin, there may be a delay in the start of the projects in this round of calls.
Here you can find the detailed calls for proposals (German/English):
1. Call "Initial acquisition": Deutsch
 | English 
2. Call "Postdoc Funding": Deutsch  | English 
To apply, please use the current form "Application for research funding " (to be filled out on your computer) und please refer to the "Guide to applying for internal research funding from TU Berlin ".
In addition to the written application, applicants for Postdoc Funding have the task of convincing the members of the structural commission and the interested TU public of their research project within a 5-minute presentation (application pitch). The presentation is obligatory.
The presentation will take place on:
Wednesday, 01.12.2021 at 13:00 (s.t.)
at the Technische Universität Berlin
Webinar (virtual meeting) to the call:
- Time: Thursday, 30 September 2021, 13:00 – 14:00 o'clock
- Format: Webex: https://tu-berlin.webex.com 
- Meeting identification number (access code): 188 532
- For password please check the mailing list message or contact forschungsfoerderung[at]vc.tu-berlin.de
Registration: Please register by 28 September 2021 via: forschungsfoerderung[at]vc.tu-berlin.de
Please let us know when you register if the event is to be held in English.
You are also welcome to send us any questions about the call until 28 September, which should be addressed during the webinar.
The webinar will be recorded so that it can be made available on demand at a later date.
Here you find already funded postdocs and Initial acquisition projects .
Dr. Tim Köhler-Ramm, Research Officer, VC 12
+49 (0)30 314-70106