Research Contracts, Licenses and Patents (VD)
Welcome to the
Unit for Research Contracts, Licenses and Patents!
We support all researchers of TU Berlin in cooperation with the industry. Our focus: The legal and market framework conditions.
We negotiate the respective contracts for our scientists. Furthermore, the IP - and exploitation management is within our scope of responsibility.
The close relationship of the two areas of research contracts and licenses/patents enables us to take into account when drafting the research contracts the subsequent exploitation and the strategically positioning of the research results.
Since spring 2016, the Unit for Research Contracts, Licenses and Patents (VD) and the Department of Technology Law have formed the Centre for Intellectual Property (Zentrum für geistiges Eigentum). This is now the central point of contact for all those being involved in the technology transfer process. The administrative processes associated with technology transfer and the scientific examination of intellectual property issues are brought together under one roof.
About the ZfgE: www.zfge.tu-berlin.de 
We offer the following services:
- contract negotiations up to the legally binding signature for research and development projects, research collaborations, services, licensing agreements (also with spin-offs), consultancy contracts, etc.
- provision of standard contracts (German & English)
- personal advice of scientists (scholars)
- defense of unjustified claims
- review of your invention in regard to patentability and market relevance including research on the state of the art
- case by case industrial property rights management
- patent application in collaboration with professional specialized patent attorneys
- professional implementation of the complete sale or licensing process
- cooperation with national patent exploitation agencies
- IP administration
A description of the transfer strategy of Technische Universität Berlin you will find here .
Our interdisciplinary team of experienced natural scientists, patent officers and lawyers is at your disposal.
The Presidium of TU Berlin has adopted the recommendations for action developed by the TU internal working group on “knowledge and technology transfer in the context of open science ”.
For a trustful cooperation and relationship management with industrial partners, the values manifested in our “Code of Conduct for research with the participation of companies ” are important to us.