Important information concerning the operation of the EU Office during the Covid 10-pandemic
All team members can be reached by e-mail, the head of section also by phone.
In case your project is severely affected by the current Covid 19-pandemic please contact us.
Up-to date information related to the coronavirus (by the European Commsion and other sources) can be found here .
EU Office of TU Berlin
The EU Office provides consulting support and assistance on all issues related to European research funding and oversees the finances of research projects acquired in European funding lines.
Application for EU funding programmes
- We help you to find suitable calls and funding lines
- We support you to formulate your proposal adequately and well in advance (for coordinators)
- We advise you of content-related issues, general obligations and rights (IPR, publications) already during the proposal preparation
- We provide you with information of success rates, funded projects and the relevant policy documents for EU proposals
- We get you in contact with other experts of European research policy
- We support your proposal financially within the TU internal research funding (for coordinators and upon application)
- We offer
travelling budget for
- preparing and extending project activities
- attending events of the European Commission
Information, Communication and Events
- We organise numerous events and workshops for different target groups and about specific topics, i.e. Horizon 2020, ERC application and finances
- We inform you about open calls, various European funding programmes as well as relevant EU news briefly and concisely in our monthly newsletter 
- We have a temporary office in Brussels  and maintain close contact – with the European Commission, the European Liaison Office of the German Research Organisations (KoWi), the National Contact Points of Horizon 2020 and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research – to keep you updated about the latest developments of European research
- We provide you with all general guidance and regulations at the start of EU funded projects
Administration and finances – prior, during and after project period
- We help
you to prepare your project in an adequate and correct way:
- individual advise on budget and administrative requirements regarding the project setup
- assistance in editing the templates of the online portal of the European Commission
- drawing up a budget projection, if requested, to give you the optimal overview for budget planning and controlling during the project period
- transfer of partner budgets within the consortium
- check for plausibility of financial reports of the partners
- support of contractual issues (i.e. Consortium Agreement, CA) involving the department VD / Research Contracts, Licenses and Patents
- We assist you on all issues related to general affairs during the project period
- We support you during the
- drawing up a staff forecasting, including updates along new recruitment, contract extension, increase of working hours
- timely preparation of financial reports, information about deadlines and recording at the EU Portal
- preparation of necessary audits
- advise regarding project period extension and budget shifts
- support of conclusion of subcontracts
- support regarding administrative and financial issues in project consortia (just for projects coordinated by TU Berlin)
…and we help
you to finalise your project successfully and will be at your service
during subsequent project assessments, of course.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us .
Head of the EU Office
Dr. Silke Köster-Riemann
Room FH 606
Tel.: +49 (0)30-314-21370